Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The Controller position at Latch is responsible for all aspects of accounting. This includes developing talent, balancing capabilities, costs and service levels and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
The Controller collaborates cross functionally with the broader organization and is the leader of the Company’s accounting team which includes responsibility for the record to report cycle, close, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and analysis, and special initiative management. This position will identify & develop leading practices guidance, will drive consistency and efficiencies across the team. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization/people development, process improvement, strategic execution, ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment and communication.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will require hybrid work from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Lead, develop and improve the close processes for a growing Hardware + SaaS company
- Establish and maintain accounting policies, leading practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage accounting teams that are composed of general ledger, revenue , SEC reporting, internal audit, tax, and accounts payable teams.Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual close efforts
- Ensure overall corporate controllership policies are aligned globally
- Oversee all accounting due diligence and integrations activity for mergers & acquisitions
- Responsible for ensuring an effective system of internal controls and SOX compliance, accurate financial disclosures, and timely regulatory filings.
- Work closely with financial planning & analysis team on reporting efforts and monthly accruals related to budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee audit process by external independent auditors
- Support the SEC reporting team in the review of the 10-Q, 10-K, and other relevant SEC filings.
- Ability to research and understand complex accounting areas (Strong knowledge of ASC 606, ASC 330, ASC 350, ASC 718, etc.)
- Work closely with the CFO and Finance leadership team to continue to scale end-to-end business processes, systems, and financial controls in support of the future growth of the Company. This includes leading, evaluating, and executing on company wide initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- At least 15 years work experience in the accounting area
- 6+ years public accounting
- Previous experience as a public company Corporate Controller or (Assistant Controller of large public corporation)
- Experience related to tax
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 150+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Something looks off?