Senior Android Engineer
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
- Design and implement the Android app users will be working with
- Work with the product team to build usable, snappy experiences leveraging cutting-edge technologies
- Work with the backend engineering team to design APIs needed for the mobile ecosystem
Position Requirements: (it's okay if you don't meet a few of these)
- Proficient with Kotlin *
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging *
- Familiarity with Clean Architecture, MVVM, etc.
- Understanding of Google's Material Design Guidelines
- Understanding of Coroutines and LiveData
- Understanding of packaging / build systems (Gradle)
- Understanding of reactive programming (RxJava)
- Understanding of backend and API design concepts
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with feature toggling
- English and Spanish proficiency are a must. Being a remote team we favor asynchronous written communication; it's important you can communicate your ideas clearly as you will be interacting with other non-native English-speaking coworkers.
- Work from anywhere, with at least 4 hours overlap with Eastern Time (UTC-4)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly; there will be many uncertainties and questions that will come up and part of your job will be to do the research, present options, and execute.
We are not looking to put you on the spot, so we don't do live coding challenges.
- We want to find if you are a good match, but just as important, throughout the process we want you to find if we are a good match for you
- We respect your time: we will never give you home assignments that could take more than 2 hours
- An introductory call with our People team: get to learn more about the project and tell us about your past experience and what you are looking for in your next role.
- Meeting our Engineering team: you will talk with one of our Senior Engineers. This is a great moment to ask specific questions about this opportunity!
- Technical interview
- Meeting your Leader
- Reference check
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.