Lead iOS Engineer
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
- Design and build iOS mobile applications & features used by property managers, residents, and service providers in modern buildings
- Leverage the entire mobile platform and on board hardware to solve complex problems
- Ensure your mobile applications perform and scale in production
- Build reusable components with elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Work with the backend engineering team to design APIs needed for the mobile ecosystem
- Work within cross-disciplinary groups to tackle complex use cases and interactions
- Mentor team members and provide a fun and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation
Position Requirements: (* Mandatory)
- +8 years of professional software development experience
- Proficient with Swift and UIKit (*)
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging (*)
- Understanding of SwiftUI (ideally with practical experience)
- Understanding of packaging/build systems (CocoaPods / Swift Package Manager)
- Understanding of reactive programming (RxSwift / Combine)
- Understanding of backend and API design concepts
- Strong understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, and performance
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with feature toggling
- Mentoring experience is a big plus!
- English and Spanish proficiency are a must. Being a remote team we favor asynchronous written communication; it's important you can communicate your ideas clearly as you will be interacting with other non-native English-speaking coworkers.
- Work from anywhere, with at least 4 hours overlap with Eastern Time (UTC-4)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly; there will be many uncertainties and questions that will come up and part of your job will be to do the research, present options, and execute.
We want to find if you are a good match, but just as important, throughout the process we want you to find if we are a good match for you
- An introductory call with our Recruiter: learn more about the project and tell us about your past experience and what you are looking for in your next role.
- Meeting our Engineering team: you will talk with one of our Senior Engineers. This is a great moment to ask specific questions about this opportunity!
- Technical Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Reference check
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.