Head of Infrastructure
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of Infrastructure to lead and oversee our infrastructure department, encompassing DevOps and SREs. The Head of Infrastructure will play a critical role in defining our infrastructure strategy, managing a team of skilled professionals, and ensuring the efficient, reliable, scalable and secure operation of our organization's infrastructure and the software systems it runs. This role is pivotal to our technological success and will involve shaping the infrastructure landscape for our company.
- Define and execute a comprehensive infrastructure strategy that aligns with the company's goals and objectives. Lead infraDestructure planning, optimization, and enhancement efforts.
- Manage and mentor a team of DevOps and SRE professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment. Provide guidance, support, and continuous professional development to the team.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of critical infrastructure components. Ensure the security, reliability, and scalability of infrastructure systems.
- Develop and manage the infrastructure budget, making informed decisions to optimize resource allocation. Monitor cost-effectiveness and resource utilization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with infrastructure vendors, partners, and service providers. Negotiate contracts, manage service-level agreements, and assess the performance of vendors.
- Coordinate with the Security organization to design and implement security measures and ensure infrastructure compliance with relevant standards and regulations. Develop and enforce best practices to safeguard the organization's data and technology assets.
- Create and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans to mitigate risks and ensure the uninterrupted operation of critical systems.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential impact on the infrastructure landscape.
- +10 years of experience in DevOps, SRE, systems administration, or infrastructure engineering roles.
- +4 years of experience in leadership roles.
- Proficiency in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Deep understanding of containerization and orchestration
- Experience with IaC and GitOps
- Proficiency orchestrating and optimizing CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Proven experience in infrastructure/DevOps/SRE management, including leadership roles.
- Strong technical background with expertise in infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation.
- Exceptional leadership, team management, and communication skills.
- Experience in vendor management, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of security practices and compliance standards.
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.