Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
Latch is seeking a highly motivated, experienced working in a fast-paced environment and a skilled Senior Infrastructure Engineer to become a part of our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing the organization's IT infrastructure, including network systems, servers, data centers, and related technologies. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the infrastructure supports the company's business needs, maintains high availability, and adheres to security and compliance standards.
- Design, plan, and implement IT infrastructure solutions, including network architecture, server configurations, storage systems, and virtualization.
- Monitor and maintain the health and performance of the infrastructure, applying upgrades, patches, and security measures as needed.
- Ensure infrastructure components meet security standards and compliance requirements. Implement and monitor security measures to protect against cyber threats.
- Investigate and resolve infrastructure-related problems and incidents to minimize downtime and disruptions.
- +5 years of experience in DevOps, SRE, systems administration, or infrastructure engineering roles.
- Deep understanding of virtualization, containerization, and orchestration.
- Experience with AWS services, its permissions systems, and CloudFormation (and/or Terraform)
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana or other metrics and monitoring tools
- Code instrumentation / Open Telemetry
- Understanding of Honeycomb / DataDog / NewRelic offerings
- Experience working with CodePipeline / GitHub Actions / Circle CI / Travis for continuous integration + Deployment
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Job scams are on the rise, and you should take steps to protect yourself in your job search. Here are some guidelines to help you stay safe if you are applying for a job with Latch or Door:
- Communications from Latch or Door will always come from @latch.com or @door.com. Do not accept a job interview invitation with Latch or Door from anyone who does not contact you through an email that comes from @latch.com or @door.com.
- Latch never interviews candidates via Skype or in writing where you do not see the interviewer. All of our interviews happen either by video or in person.
- We will never offer you a job based on a single conversation with someone claiming to be from our People organization. In all of our job interviews, you will always speak, by video or in person, with the hiring manager for the position.
- Do not share your sensitive personal information with anyone who purports to offer you a job at Latch or Door unless you verified that the offer is from Latch or Door (check email senders addresses). We will never ask you for your bank account information or your mother’s maiden name during the interview process.
- We will never ask you to purchase any equipment with a promise that we will reimburse you after you begin working for us.
- If you believe you were a victim of a job scam, you may report it to the FBI: https://www.ic3.gov/.