Senior Finance & Accounting Manager
Please apply only if you speak English. The resume must be uploaded in English.
About the Job
- At Zilper, we are looking to hire a Senior Finance & Accounting Manager to lead all of our LATAM financial operations, and especially our accounting, and be part of our highly selective team in Bogota. You will initially be responsible for strategizing and executing on financial operations, but may eventually have the opportunity to grow out a larger finance team depending on the needs of the business.
- You will run reporting, financial modeling and optimization of construction and manufacturing value while adhering to US GAAP standards and best practices for construction and manufacturing companies. We will count on the finance team to not only own payroll, AP/AR, cash management, but to also drive and co-lead high priority business initiatives that drive growth of the company’s ongoing business operations. Most importantly, we are a data-driven company at its core. The Finance and accounting team plays an integral part in predictive analysis of business efficiency, critical investments, and monitoring corporate goals.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with appropriate US GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as internal financial policies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, US GAAP, and other compliance issues.
- Constantly monitor our construction operations’ profitability and find areas for improvement.
- Lead the company’s cash management, invoicing, AR collection efforts and AP cashflow.
- Develop, manage and maintain dynamic budgeting and forecasting tools.Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics – with a strong focus on construction metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements.
- Oversee all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Be responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of accounting operations including systems and process.
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes.
- Support the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Drive financial planning and analysis (FP&A) initiatives including budgeting/ forecasting, analytics, reporting with intent to maximize income, grow margin and manage risks, identifying areas for further growth and profit improvement.
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
Ideal Profile & Skills
- Possess knowledge of all aspects of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must be fluent in English as this role will involve working closely with our international and US finance teams.
- Construction (preferred) or manufacturing industry experience.
- Degree in Finance or accounting. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP and have a strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience, preferably as an accounting manager or director.
- Professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA), certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA) is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in public accounting is strongly preferred and/or previous experience at a Big4 accounting firm or multinational firm is strongly preferred.
Our commitment to you
- Highly demanded career in a growing industry: Trenchless Technologies is a rapidly growing industry, in Colombia and abroad. Becoming an expert in the industry represents job security and a long career.
- Learning and growth: You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best industry experts, both from Colombia and the US/Silicon Valley — this is a unique opportunity to get a front row seat into a VC-backed, fast-growing Silicon Valley startup.
- Opportunity to Travel Internationally: You might have the opportunity to travel once or more a year to oversee our operations in the US.
Our goal at Zilper-Petra is to help our team to grow and learn. That's why we will invest significant time in helping you develop the skills that you'll need to build a strong career.
About The Company
Zilper Trenchless Corporation is a construction technology startup from MIT that specializes in creating cost-efficient equipment for underground infrastructure projects. Our vision is to significantly reduce the cost of infrastructure by developing new technologies in what is typically a very traditional field. The company got acquired by PETRA, a bigger startup based in San Francisco, CA and since then it has begun to expand rapidly.
Our lead product is a machine that uses a patented Assisted Dynamic Boring (ADB) technology to install and replace pipes underground without the need to disrupt the surface.
“It’s like minimally invasive surgery for streets and cities” – Joost Bonsen, MIT Media Lab
Our trenchless machine is more cost-effective and versatile, with the ability to install a wide range of pipe diameters under a greater variety of ground conditions. We have already tested a prototype on a real project, installing 12x more pipelines than a competing technology at 1/3 of the cost.
The outstanding results sparked the attention of potential clients, manufacturers, and other competing companies. In 2018, Zilper Trenchless was awarded in the MIT 100K “Launch” Competition, Legatum Fellowship, MIT’s DesignX program, and MIT’s Sandbox program. In January 2019 Zilper Trenchless was selected to be part of the prestigious water startup accelerator Imagine H2O.
The company has operations in Bogota, Colombia, and will be entering the US Market in 2023.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Bogota, Colombia (on-site/hybrid)