About Pivot Bio:
At Pivot Bio, we are working together to transform agriculture, finding smarter, more sustainable and, ultimately, more profitable ways for farmers to grow. Working with and for farmers, we’re using cutting-edge science to create a microbial nitrogen for the world’s most vital crops. We are replacing synthetic fertilizers with a more sustainable, nature-driven plant nutrition that benefits farmers, consumers and the planet.
Position: Logistics Manager
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join our Supply Chain team. As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our company's shipping and logistics operations. Your primary objective will be to ensure efficient coordination and execution of transportation and distribution activities and related processes, while meeting customer requirements and maintaining cost-effectiveness. You bring expertise in optimizing a WMS and transportation management system and will help implement the company’s first international shipping program.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies and plans to optimize operational efficiency, minimize costs, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of transportation, including carrier selection, negotiation of contracts, and coordination of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment and delivery of goods to meet customer demands across our domestic and international markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as procurement, sales, and customer success, to align logistics activities with business objectives and customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with carriers and brokers, ensuring compliance with domestic and international trade and shipping requirements.
- Implement and optimize WMS and TMS systems and processes, striving for a cohesive systems environment and efficient operational execution.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to logistics operations, such as on-time delivery and transportation costs.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance operational efficiency and reduce lead times.
- Lead and develop a team of logistics professionals, providing coaching, training, and performance management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Logistics Manager or in a similar role, with experience in international logistics.
- Proficiency in logistics software and systems for tracking, reporting, and optimizing logistics operations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and make informed decisions even when data is missing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capacity to inspire and develop a high-performing team with a focus on logistics expertise and customer satisfaction.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER