Strategic Sourcing Manager
About Pivot Bio:
At Pivot Bio, we are working together to transform agriculture, finding smarter, more sustainable and, ultimately, more profitable ways for farmers to grow. Working with and for farmers, we’re using cutting-edge science to create a microbial nitrogen for the world’s most vital crops. We are replacing synthetic fertilizers with a more sustainable, nature-driven plant nutrition that benefits farmers, consumers and the planet.
Position: Strategic Sourcing Manager
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing & Sourcing Manager to join our Supply Chain team. As the Purchasing & Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of spend management, inventory, vendor relationships, contracts, and specification management. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in building out the Procure to Pay process and MRP in NetSuite to enhance operational efficiency and streamline the procurement process.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize cost savings, improve efficiency, and minimize risks.
- Source, evaluate, and select reliable suppliers based on price, quality, delivery, and service; negotiate contracts with suppliers to lock in favorable pricing and business terms.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships and monitor supplier performance, conduct regular reviews, and address any issues or concerns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their purchasing needs, develop specifications, and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Monitor and analyze spend data, identify cost-saving opportunities, and implement measures to optimize spend management.
- Implement and manage procure-to-pay best practices, including requisitioning, purchasing, and receiving.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to configure and customize the ERP and MRP system to meet the organization's procurement needs.
- Maintain accurate sourcing, purchasing, and contractual records and reports to analyze data and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CSCP, CPSM) are a plus.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Purchasing Manager, Sourcing Manager, or in a similar role with experience managing and developing a team of buyers.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement processes, sourcing strategies, and supplier management with a track record of identifying and implementing savings.
- Experience with implementing ERP and/or MRP systems and processes.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER