Commercial Agronomy/Sales Intern - Great Lakes Region
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Commercial Agronomy/Sales Intern
Preferred location: Bowling Green, KY
Summer 2024 Internship: May - August 2024
As a member of the commercial team, you will develop an understanding of customer needs by engaging growers and sales reps. You will have the opportunity to gain product and technical expertise and expand our reach with current customers by establishing key field protocols and taking samples and recording critical data related to product advancement. You will have opportunities to refine your communication, presentation, and leadership skills by participating in field days, demo days, and training sessions. Territory managers will coach and mentor you to help you achieve your development goals. You will get the opportunity to work side-by-side existing Territory Sales Managers, Regional Sales Leaders, and Commercial Agronomists to understand the job of furthering our objectives. Each intern will have a specific project for the summer and will present the project to leadership at the end of the internship.
- Assist the Commercial Agronomy team in rep and grower education on stewardship and compatibility of Pivot Bio products
- Credibly, openly, and accurately communicate capabilities as well as limitations of Pivot Bio products
- Support the Commercial Agronomy team with weekly field observations and updates
- Participate in soil, plant, and other forms of sampling and data collection throughout the growing season
- Monitor work for accuracy, manage multiple responsibilities, and maintain professionalism
- Have opportunities to work with Product Development Team
- Visit and evaluate commercial and pre-commercial trials for 2025 sales opportunities
- Develop a field-based learning project and present project objective and results upon completion of internship
- Make visits to customers and channel partner
- Assist in training growers on technical problem investigation and solution implementation
- Assist with continual product improvement by working closely with the Commercial Agronomists doing in field sampling and observations
- Walking, sampling, and working in production corn fields with varying summer elements
- Driving between farm sites and other locations as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet commitments which could include long days and weekend
Regularly lifting objects (up to 60 lbs.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or higher degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Crop Sciences, Soil Science and/or related field
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage time and execute on assigned responsibilities
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be at least 20 years old for rental car purposes
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Exposure to dust and pollen likely
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Opportunity to gain professional experience in a progressive company
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team