Commercial Agronomy Intern - North Dakota
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Commercial Agronomy Intern
Preferred location: Fargo, ND
*This is a general territory and preferred location. The candidate must reside in North Dakota but does not need to reside specifically in Fargo.
Summer Internship: May - August
The commercial agronomy field team needs immediate help to expand our reach with current customers, establish key field protocols, take samples for critical data related to product advancement and work with our Sales and Marketing teams to hold field days, demo days and conduct training for reps and growers.
In this role, an intern will:
- Assist the Commercial Agronomy team in rep and grower education on stewardship and compatibility of Pivot Bio products
- Support the Commercial Agronomy team with weekly field observations and updates
• Participate in soil, plant, and other forms of sampling and data collection throughout the growing season
- Monitor work for accuracy, manage multiple responsibilities, and maintain professionalism
• Have opportunities to work with Sales Team and Product Development Team
• Visit and evaluate commercial and pre-commercial trials for 2024 sales opportunities
- Develop a field-based learning project and present project objective and results upon completion of internship
- Other duties as assigned
- Routinely walking, scouting, sampling, and working in production corn fields with varying summer elements
- Driving between farm sites and other locations as needed
- Regularly lifting objects (up to 60lbs)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Agronomy, Crop Sciences, Soil Science and/or related field
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage time and execute on assigned responsibilities
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be at least 20 years old for rental car purposes.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Exposure to dust and pollen likely
What we offer:
- Opportunity to gain professional experience in a progressive company
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team